Monday, January 9, 2012

Mémoire, L'amour et Autres Tueurs

 La Petite Mort; Coeur de Pirate         
Adieu; Coeur de Pirate                      
Comme De Enfants; Coeur de Pirates
Francis; Coeur de Pirate                    



     There's something beautiful about French music, especially that of Coeur de Pirate. I decided that for her particular music I didn't want to put up the lyrics or translations of her songs. They're really amazing, but what draws me to Coeur de Pirate (translated to Pirate Heart) is the sound in her music, and the French. I also wanted you to be able to do what I do with the songs, and use the opportunity to create your own words to it. Whatever your mood is, just let it flow like she does. The four songs I chose were my favorites of hers: La Petite Mort, Adieu, Comme de Enfantes, and Francis. Listen to each song, and I would truly be surprised if you didn't find the language and the music to be extra beautiful to your heart.

     I seem to be somewhat engrossed with different cultures and the different elements each one has to offer. France is extremely cool to me, and it's interesting because I have less of an interest in going there, than I do to just know the culture. I value France's unique aspects more than anything. Between the art, the fashion, and the cute little towns they have, France seems like a fantasy culture to me. One day soon I think I'll go live there for a bit. Doesn't that sound quaint to you?

     Let’s get back to this wonderful artist, shall we? Coeur de Pirate's melodious French skips out of her heart like pebbles on a lake. The words that may just be sounds to you are the words my heart made up to me. This is why Coeur de Pirates songs silence my thought screaming mind, and activate my tired beating heart. For now I say Adieu, but you will see me soon again....

1 comment:

  1. Comme De Enfants is my favorite song from Coeur de Pirate. I totally agree that French is a beautiful language and I’d love to live in France someday too. This is a nice post. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete