Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rebuilding Destinations that Don't Exist

We Will Make a Song Destroy; Rogue Wave



Digital campfire
Spinning the sonnets
I get it so often

Well they sold me out
And called me a liar
How can I get up again?

How'd you get so soured?
May I remind you
You bathe in what I make

Your ability is worn out
Objective expired
Well, I'll keep you meter-maided
I'll keep you meter-maided
I'll keep you meter-maided
I'll keep you meter-maided

Dir-ah, dir-ah, dir-ah, dir-ah
Dir-ah, dir-ah, dir-ah, dir-ah

[Chorus]
We will make a song destroy
We will make a song destroy
We will make a song destroy
We will make a song destroy

Can't evolve past
Certain notes
No one knows me
You should know
Paint it all with
Certain strokes
Save us all with
Folks who know

To know

[Chorus]

Destroy
Destroy
    

     Ah yes, the beauty in discovering a new fresh band who's fun, meaningful, and downright good. Nothing peeves me off more like rap and pop artists who write their music about sex and other meaningless things. Though the argument can be made that some of the musicians I listen to sing about completely random things or things that are hard to interpret (making them stupid), but I would easily disagree and say that is what makes it so special, because it becomes the song I want it to be. Now today's blog post is going to be focused on my anger and desperation for life right now. I chose this song because based on today's mood, which is edging on bipolar, I interpreted the song to be angry in a subtle, civilized, somewhat happy manner. If that doesn't sound like a bipolar mood to you, I don't know what will.
     I love the amount of thoughts it brings up for me, and these three lines seem to sum up my desperation incredibly, "Can't evolve past; certain notes; no one knows me." It's basically three different ideas that were just spewed, but every one of them are equally important.
     "Can't evoke past:" Lately I've been thinking about my past. Whether if it was thinking about past relationships, past friendships, or the memories of those who are now only a part of my past. It seems that I've just been wishing to go back and change things, or go back to a place I trusted and was comfortable. For example I miss being ignorant about how excruciating death is, and how difficult it is to lose someone who just added to your happiness. I seem to be wondering if as you lose more and more people that make you happy, if you slowly become more and more miserable, and that's what scares me.
     "Certain notes:” Even though this is such a short line, it means something so large. I guess right now I'm interpreting it like the making of a song. With just the perfect notes you can create beautifully music, but if one note isn't right, it makes the whole song wrong, and I guess that's how life feels to me. My life seems a bit out of tune, like one egg went bad and now the batter is ruined. Sometimes I'm the egg, sometimes I'm not, but I seem to always be in that batch.
     "No one knows me:" For the first time ever, I feel like I haven't said everything on my mind and ranted to one of my friends. I guess I kind of feel like it has been my job to listen, and when I need to talk, no one is able to listen back. This has been a really hard time in my life for so many reasons, some that I haven't even told anyone before, and it just makes me feel alone. It seems as if no one knows me right now, but I just know them, and maybe it's been like this my whole life and I've just never really noticed it. But now it's clear, and now I just question how much longer it can go on for. Silence can only go on for so long, and there's a point where Lao Tzu is wrong, silence is not always a source of great strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment